Thinking about Shannon this evening and hoping he’s ok…..
On my way to meet him yesterday for our Sunday training, he rang to let me know that his radiator had blown and he had pulled over to a nearby auto center. I helped him do a temp repair to get him home and today he sent me a text saying that the “rig job” had worked and we’ll be able to meet up at 6:30 tonight. Yay!
A little later a message was sent from his phone that the hose had blown, splattered his face and neck and that he’s at the ER with his Dad with third degree burns.
I can’t stop thinking about him and I hope he’s ok…. 😦
We’re so much more delicate than we let on to be. We go on, day to day thinking “That could never happen to me” or not really considering the consequences of things. We’re not invincible.
I’m not saying that one should live in fear of everything, but be cautious. Live well. Live long, love and try to have a positive mind.
Someone painted a great scenario for me once….
If you were with a bunch of people at a table and everyone put their problems on that table- after seeing them, you would probably take yours back.
I’m not really sure where I’m going with this mini-rant…but I do send Shannon positive thoughts tonight.
GIF’s are today’s technological version of the Flip Book. These were an old favorite pass time of mine when I was in school, and guess what? I’m bringing them back BITCHES!!! (well at least for my own personal entertainment)
I like the idea of taking photos and making them into something like a Flip Book. Its so low tech looking and reminds me of the scene in Fight Club where Brad Pitt’s character splices porn into movies.
- Narrator: Let me tell you a little bit about Tyler Durden. Tyler was a night person. While the rest of us were sleeping, he worked. He had one part time job as a projectionist. See, a movie doesn’t come all on one big reel. It comes on a few. So someone has to be there to switch the projectors at the exact moment that one reel ends and the next one begins. If you look for it, you can see these little dots come into the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Tyler Durden: In the industry, we call them cigarette burns.
- Narrator: That’s the cue for a changeover. He flips the projectors, the movie keeps right on going, and nobody in the audience has any idea.
- Tyler Durden: And why would anyone want this shit job?
- Narrator: Because it affords him other interesting opportunities.
- Tyler Durden: Like splicing single frames of pornography into family films.
- Narrator: So when the snooty cat and the courageous dog with the celebrity voices meet for the first time in reel three, that’s when you’ll catch a flash of Tyler’s contribution to the film.
- [As the audience is watching the film, pornography flashes for a split second]
- Narrator: Nobody knows that they saw it, but they did.
- Tyler Durden: A nice, big cock …
- [Several audience members look rattled, a little girl cries]
- Narrator: Even a hummingbird couldn’t catch Tyler at work.
- GIF’s can be made from anything, planned or unplanned they seem to always work in some random way. The last post I made was of a GIF I had made from some random pictures that ended up looking like a dance:
- Here’s one that I made with some photos of my sister taken at a wedding a few years ago:
- How super fucking hilarious is that!??!
- Now here is my latest gem… a super combo of old school flip book and new age GIF technology, all wrapped up together with great inspiration from my daily life and sealed with a kiss.
- The site I use to make these little pieces of awesome is http://www.myspacegens.com/ It’s really easy to use and you can upload up to 50 images!
- So much fun!